Plant Based Salad Nicoise Recipe
A vegetable focused salad nicoise recipe for lunch, dinner, parties or meal prep. Inspired by the traditional recipe, this version can be enjoyed by vegetarian, vegan and plant based eaters.
Add tuna in olive oil, a salmon filets, hard boiled or deviled eggs for added protein.
VEGETABLE FOCUSED SALAD NICOISE
What is in this vegetable focused salad nicoise that makes it different?
- Chopped romaine and baby arugula base or mixed greens
- Fresh herbs of tarragon, parsley and chives
- French green beans, baby potatoes, cherry tomatoes, grilled artichoke hearts, olives, capers,
- Optional hard boiled egg or deviled egg
- Simple red wine vinaigrette or roasted sherry shallot vinaigrette
VEGAN SALAD NICOISE FOR MEAL PREP
When preparing this salad for meal prep, make sure all the vegetables cool before adding them on top of the salad greens.
You can keep the optional eggs in their shell and crack them open when ready to eat so they stay fresh.
Leave the tomatoes whole or slice depending when you will be eating your meal prep salad and the level of convenience you need.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, TRY THE FOLLOWING HEALTHY SALADS & SALAD DRESSINGS
- Herby Whipped Green Goddess Dressing
- Halloumi Salad With Green Beans & Cucumber
- Antioxidant Kale Salad With Blueberries & Parmesan
- Homemade Buttermilk Dressing
- Peach & Burrata Butter Lettuce Salad
A vegetable focused salad nicoise recipe for lunch, dinner, parties or meal prep.
Inspired by the traditional recipe, this version can be enjoyed by vegetarian and plant based eaters.
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 Head of romaine lettuce
- 4 c Spinach or baby arugula
- 2 c French green beans
- 1 lb Baby potatoes
- 2 c Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 Red onion, shaved thin into half moons
- 1 c Marinated or grilled artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1/2 c Greek olives
- 1/2 Bunch of parsley, rough chopped
- 1 Bunch fresh tarragon
- 8–10 Sprigs of chives, chopped
- 4 Hard boiled eggs, peeled, sliced in half
- 1/4 c capers
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1/4 c Red wine vinegar, organic
- 1/2 c Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Dried oregano or thyme
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper, medium coarse
- Start by preparing you salad dressing. Add all the ingredients to a medium jar. Shake well so the ingredients emulsify. Store in the fridge while you prepare the salad so the ingredients blend.
- Add you potatoes to a medium pot. Cover with water and boil till soft when you poke with a fork, about 10 minutes. Strain and set aside to cool.
- Blanch green beans by bringing a small pot of water to boil with 1 tablespoon of salt. Add green beans and immediately drain. Let cool.
- Start building your salad. In a large bowl, add your romaine, sliced into 1-inch strips, spinach and/or arugula and toss well. Sliced green beans and potatoes in half and add. Continue adding the ingredients, including tomatoes, red onion, artichoke hearts, Greek olives, capers, and fresh herbs of parsley, tarragon and dill. Drizzle with 1/3 of the dressing and toss well.
- Distribute the salad to 4 individual bowls. Garnish with hard boiled eggs. Enjoy immediately adding additional dressing as desired.
- This salad goes well with salmon, chicken or tuna if you desire more protein.
- Mix up the salad greens for variety. Try red leaf lettuce, mixed greens, frisée, etc.
- When preparing this salad for meal prep, portion out the ingredients in individual containers. Starting with the lettuce greens at the bottom and adding the other vegetables and accoutrements on top. Keep the dressing on the side.
Keywords: vegetarian salad nicoise, plant based salad nicoise, healthy salad nicoise, vegetable nicoise salad, french salad, french country recipes, spring salad recipe, summer salad recipe