Whipped Lemon Vinaigrette
As a health supportive chef, I work with clients with varying food allergies. I create custom, fresh prepared meals for clients who follow lifestyles that range from Gluten-Free, Lectin-Free, Paleo, Keto, Candida, Plant Based and more. This dressing agrees with all of them.
Whipped Lemon Vinaigrette is versatile when preparing most types of salad. I make a fresh batch for many of my clients weekly, and for myself. If you follow me on social media, you know I lovingly refer to it as liquid gold. I pair it regularly with the following types of salads:
- Arugula salad
- Roasted vegetable salad
- Massaged kale salad
- Shredded fennel salad
- Cobb salad
- Greek salad
- Southwest Salad
This dressing uses all fresh ingredients and stays delicious stored in the fridge for up to two weeks. Be sure to remove it from the fridge 10 minutes before using so the olive oil will liquefy (as olive oil solidifies in the cold). Give it a good shake before drizzling onto your vegetables.
Keep in mind your flavor will vary according to the quality of your olive oil. Look for single origin extra virgin olive oil. My clients lean towards the following:
- Whole Foods Single Origin Spanish EVO
- Trader Joes Single Origin Spanish EVO
- Bragg’s Organic Olive Oil
- Nunez de Prado EVO
ADJUSTING TO YOUR TASTE
The more olive oil you add, the more golden the color of your dressing. If the lemon is too tart for you, adjust the dressing to be one part lemon juice to two parts olive oil. In this case, you would prepare 1 cup of lemon juice and drizzle in 2 cups of olive oil.
This recipe makes 8-10 generous servings
1 cup lemon juice
1 ½ cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- Add lemon juice, garlic cloves and sea salt to your high-speed blender. Turn to medium / high setting and run till garlic is emulsified.
- Return blender to low / medium setting and slowly poor in the olive oil. Once all olive oil is poured in, turn on high to ensure it is emulsified. Taste to adjust sea salt.
- Store in glass jar with airtight lid. Place in refrigerator up to two weeks. Remove from refrigerator 10 minutes before using on a salad as olive oil with solidify when cold. Shake well before using.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Whitney Aronoff is a Natural Foods Chef based in Laguna Beach, California. She graduated from Southern Methodist University with a degree in Communications, and went on to culinary school at The Natural Gourmet Institutein New York. She works as a personal chef and teaches cooking classes, with a focus on healthy, whole foods cooking. You can follow her food and travel adventures on Instagram at @WhitneyAronoff or on her website www.WhitneyAronoff.com.