Whipped Balsamic Vinaigrette
This is a clean, healthy recipe for whipped balsamic vinaigrette that is sugar-free, additive free and delicious to even the pickiest eaters.
The quality ingredients in this dressing can be enjoyed by most who have food intolerances, including those following a gluten-free, lectin-free, paleo and keto lifestyle.
WHY MAKE YOUR OWN SALAD DRESSINGS
Making your own salad dressings is a huge cost savings. More importantly, it is the best way to control the ingredients you are consuming.
Check the labels store bought balsamic vinaigrettes, and you’ll see you are getting a variety of oils, sugars, color additives, and preservatives to keep it shelf stable.
HOW LONG DOES HOMEMADE SALAD DRESSING LAST
When you make your own salad dressings, you can expect them to stay fresh in your fridge for 1-2 weeks. Storing in an airtight, glass container is best. I like using the Pyrex 1 cup storage bowls and 16 oz (2 cups) Wide Mouth Ball Jars with a plastic lid for easier access.
SUGAR FREE BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
This salad dressing recipe is sugar free. When you remove processed sugars from your diet, you can start to taste the naturally occurring sweetness in your food.
Balsamic vinegar has a natural sweetness to it that you can pick up when you remove excess sugar from your lifestyle.
If the vinegar is bitter to you, add a teaspoon or two of honey, maple syrup or a pinch of stevia. These sweetness will complement the vinegar.
Remember to read the ingredients of your dijon mustard. Choose mustards with a short list of ingredients, and avoid those that use sugar and preservatives. I like the flavor, ingredients and quality of mustards from Mustard and Co.
HOW ELSE CAN I USE BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
You can use this whipped balsamic vinaigrette far beyond as a salad and lettuce greens. Enjoy on mixed greens with roasted vegetables like My Go-To Fall Meal Prep Salad.
Think about adding it to the meals you already enjoy in the following ways:
- Drizzle over grilled vegetables like zucchini, eggplant and bell peppers
- Serve as a sauce with chicken
- Marinate warm, cooked beets before adding to a salad
- Use as a dip with carrots for an afternoon snack
- Enjoy over steamed broccoli and blanched asparagus
- Dollop on baked salmon
- Toss with roasted vegetables
- Massage into a medley of Tuscan and Dino kale for a new take on salad
When you remove processed sugars from your diet, you can start to taste the naturally occurring sweetness in your whole foods. Balsamic vinegar has a natural sweetness to it that you can pick up when you remove excess sugar from your lifestyle.
Remember to read the ingredients of your dijon mustard and any condiments you purchase. Make sure to look for a short list of ingredients, and avoid mustards that use sugar and preservatives.
IF YOU LIKE THIS CREAMY BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE, TRY THE FOLLOWING
- Whipped Lemon Vinaigrette
- Butter Lettuce Salad
- Black Lentil Salad with Warm Walnuts, Celery & Dried Cranberries
- Pear Panzanella Salad with Pistachios & Burrata
- Rainbow Sweet Potato Bowl Recipe
Whipped Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups 1x
- Category: Salad Dressing
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
This is a clean & healthy recipe for Whipped Balsamic Vinaigrette that is sugar-free & delicious on any salad greens.
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1-cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Combine vinegar, garlic, mustard, thyme, sea salt and black pepper in the blender. Blend on high until mustard is emulsified, about 30 seconds.
- Adjust blender to a medium setting and slowly drizzle in olive oil. Blend till ingredients are combined.
- Store dressing in an airtight glass container for two weeks in your refrigerator. Enjoy.
If you prefer you salad dressings a bit sweeter, add 1-2 teaspoons of raw honey, maple syrup or a pinch of high quality stevia (check the ingredients) to the balsamic when blending.
Keywords: balsamic vinegar salad dressing, whipped salad dressing, how to make whipped balsamic dressing, sugar free balsamic vinaigrette recipe
Thank you for reading. Follow Starseed Kitchen on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest for more Starseed Kitchen inspiration.