Bright & Healthy Lemon Coriander Soup
A healthy soup filled with shredded napa cabbage, diced carrot, vegetable stock, fresh squeezed lemon, white pepper, cilantro, and sesame oil.
This bright and energizing soup is great for busy weeknight dinners and meal prep. Make extra and store it in your freezer for when you feel a cold coming on or you just need a gentle, detoxifying meal.
A WEEKLY SOUP FOR MEAL PREP
I developed this soup for my clients who follow a vegetarian diet. Their weekly meal prep menu is usually structured as follows:
- A seasonal soup
- Two seasonal, hearty salads
- Two warm, savory meals with a balance of vegetables, grains, & beans
ADD PROTEIN AS DESIRED
I like how light this soup is with the broth, yet filling from the fiber rich cabbage. The use of napa cabbage supports the light and bright feeling the soup provides.
If you prefer protein in the soup, try adding the following:
- white beans such as great northern or cannellini
- lima beans
- shredded chicken or turkey
- ground chicken or turkey
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, TRY THE FOLLOWING
- Black Bean & Spinach Enchiladas with Cashew Lime Crema
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl
- My Go-To Fall Meal Prep Salad
- Roasted Rainbow Carrots
- Roasted Curry Cauliflower Salad
Add seaweed to enhance the flavor of the broth and the health benefits. Seaweed is full of minerals our body craves. I use a two-inch piece of kombu or wakame.
If you make this recipe, please let me know. Bookmark this recipe and leave a comment below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram with #starseedkitchen.Print
A bright and energizing weeknight soup. Make extra and store it in your freezer for when you feel a cold coming on or you just need a gentle, detoxifying meal.
- 6 cups napa cabbage, diced into 1-inch strips
- 2 cups carrot, small diced (about 5 carrots)
- 5 cups bone broth of vegetable stock
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ bunch of cilantro
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- Combine broth, carrot and cabbage in a large soup pot. Bring to a boil and add white pepper, sea salt and lemon juice.
- Transfer sauce to a small pot. Heat to a simmer and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve with a garnish of cilantro and a drizzle of sesame oil.
Keywords: cabbage soup, lemon soup, detox soup, lemon coriander soup, healthy soup, broth based soup, vegan soup, plant based soup, sesame cabbage soup, cabbage and carrot soup
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hi, I’m Whitney Aronoff, a Holistic Chef based in Laguna Beach, California. I graduated from Southern Methodist University with a degree in Communications, and went on to the health supportive culinary school, The Natural Gourmet Institute, in New York City. I work as a personal chef and teach cooking classes, with a focus on healthy, whole foods cooking.
My goal is to help people feel their best by sharing the delicious, healthy recipes I prepare weekly for my clients. I want you to have the energy to live your best life and fulfil your dreams. As we become more conscious and make more quality food choices, our body, mind, soul and the planet benefits.