Rainbow Potato Salad With Fresh Herbs
Healthy potato salad recipe with colorful fingerling potatoes, celery, grain mustard, paleo mayo, fresh herbs of dill and parsley.
Use colorful potatoes for a more vibrant meal. Red, purple and white fingerling potatoes add a variety of color, flavor and texture to the salad.
POTATO SALAD WITH MAYO
This recipe is a healthier take on potato salad. Chef Whitney recomends using a paleo mayonnaise, one with a base of avocado oil instead of canola oil.
Look for organic mayo with no canola oil and no added refined sugars.
Or, make your own mayo using good quality fresh eggs and the oil of your choice (such as avocado or olive oil).
HEALTHY POTATO SALAD WITH HERBS
The use of fresh herbs in a potato salad adds more flavor and nutrient density. Be generous with the fresh herbs and feel free to use more than what is recommended in the recipe.
INGREDIENTS FOR A COLORFUL POTATO SALAD
For this potato salad recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- Colorful fingerling potatoes (red, white and purple)
- White vinegar
- Mayonnaise (choose a healthier mayo that is Paleo, contains no canola oil or refined sugars)
- Grain mustard
- Green onion
- Sea salt
- Coarse black pepper
- Fresh Italian flat leaf parlsey
- Fresh dill
- You can use any type of small potato for this recipe.
- Use mayonnaise that does not contain canola oil, or may your own.
- Add more celery and herbs as desired.
- Serve over mixed greens to catch al the delicious dressing on the salad.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, TRY THE FOLLOWING
- ARUGULA SALAD WITH GREEN APPLE & RADISH
- GOLDEN BEET SALAD WITH FENNEL
- ROASTED RAINBOW CARROTS WITH DILL YOGURT SAUCE
- SPICY ROASTED CARROTS WITH 11 MAGIC HERBS & SPICES
Healthy potato salad recipe with colorful fingerling potatoes, celery, paleo mayo, fresh herbs of dill and parsley.
- 2 pounds colorful fingerling potatoes (red, white and purple)
- 3 Tbsp organic white vinegar
- 3/4 cup organic paleo mayonnaise (look for mayo with no canola oil)
- 2 Tbsp organic grain mustard
- 2 cups chopped organic celery (1 bunch celery)
- 1/3 cup chopped organic green onion
- 1–2 tsp sea salt, to taste
- 1 tsp coarse black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped organic Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped organic fresh dill
- Wash potatoes. Add to a large pot and cover potatoes with at least 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil and continue boiling till potatoes are tender and easily pierced with a tip of a knife.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the vinegar, mayo, mustard, sea salt and pepper.
- Prepare the celery and green onion, set aside in a small bowl.
- Chop the fresh herbs, set aside in a small bowl.
- When potatoes are ready, sliced them in half (long ways). Add to mixing bowl with the mayo while they are still warm to absorb all the flavor. Toss well. Add the celery, green onion, and half the herbs. Mix well and poor into serving dish. Garnish with remaining herbs.
You can use any type of small potato for this recipe.
Use mayonnaise that does not contain canola oil, or may your own.
Add more celery and herbs as desired.
Serve over mixed greens to catch al the delicious dressing on the salad.
Keywords: potato salad with mayo, potato salad with herbs, health potato salad, paleo potato salad, high vibration food
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hi, I’m Whitney Aronoff, a Holistic Chef based in Laguna Beach, California. I graduated from Southern Methodist University with a degree in Communications, and went on to the health supportive culinary school, The Natural Gourmet Institute, in New York City. I work as a personal chef and teach cooking classes, with a focus on healthy, whole foods cooking.
My goal is to help people feel their best by sharing the delicious, healthy recipes I prepare weekly for my clients. I want you to have the energy to live your best life and fulfil your dreams.
As we become more conscious and make more quality food choices, our body, mind, soul and the planet benefits.