Arugula Salad with Green Apple & Radish
Light and bright spring salad. This arugula salad is easy to prepare for lunch, brunch and dinner parties. Great for spring gatherings.
This green arugula salad with thinly sliced green apple and a light vinaigrette is inspired by one I had at the famous steakhouse in Argentina, Don Julio.
This restaurant is consistently ranked one of the 50 best restaurants in the world. It’s casual, delicious, no fuss dining with great food and ambience you’d expect in Buenos Aires.
SPRING SALAD RECIPE
This is a great spring salad for lunch, brunch and dinner parties.
Arugula, green apple and radishes are available year round so make this recipe anytime you like.
INGREDIENTS FOR ARUGULA SALAD
For this recipe, you will need:
1 bunch red radishes
3-4 watermelon radishes
1 green apple
Good quality feta
Use a mandolin for thinly shaved radish. I like the OXO mandolin for best results.
You can make the salad dressing a day in advance if preparing this for a party.
For best results with the dressing, use a fresh honey that is soft and runny.
If you aren’t eating the salad right away, soak the green apple sliced in a bowl of water and lemon juice. This will keep the apple sliced from turning brown.Print
Fresh green salad for spring dining or anytime you need a light and bright meal.
- Baby arugula (5 oz or 6-8 cups)
- 1 bunch red radishes
- 3–4 watermelon radishes
- 1 green apples
- Good quality feta cheese
- 1/4 c White balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 c Extra virgin olive oil
- 1–2 Tbsp fresh honey
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Start by preparing the dressing. In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, honey, sea salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, add all the arugula.
- Slice the apple into thin half moons. Add to the salad.
- Using a mandolin, thinly slice all the radishes and top on the salad.
- Whisk the dressing and drizzle on top of the salad. Finish with sprinkling the feta. Serve immediately and enjoy.
- For best results with the dressing, use a fresh honey that is soft and runny.
- If you aren’t eating the salad right away, soak the green apple sliced in a bowl of water and lemon juice. This will keep the apple sliced from turning brown.
Keywords: arugula salad, radish salad, watermelon radish, green apple salad, arugula salad ingredients, spring salad, spring recipes, spring salad ideas
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hi, I’m Whitney Aronoff, a Holistic Chef based in Laguna Beach, California. I graduated from Southern Methodist University with a degree in Communications, and went on to the health supportive culinary school, The Natural Gourmet Institute, in New York City. I work as a personal chef and teach cooking classes, with a focus on healthy, whole foods cooking.
My goal is to help people feel their best by sharing the delicious, healthy recipes I prepare weekly for my clients. I want you to have the energy to live your best life and fulfil your dreams.
As we become more conscious and make more quality food choices, our body, mind, soul and the planet benefits.