Golden Beet Salad Recipe
HOW TO COOK GOLDEN BEETS
Follow Chef Whitney’s directions for preparing beets the healthy way, using no aluminum foil.
Simply add them to a large oven safe pot, cover with water and bake.
Small beets will cook faster than large beets.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bake small beets for 45 minutes, medium beets for 1 hour and large beets for 1 1/2 hours.
See our step by step guide on YouTube for more details.
INGREDIENTS FOR A GOLDEN BEET SALAD
For this beet salad recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 cooked and peeled yellow golden beets
- 1 fresh fennel bulb
- 1 small red onion
- flat leaf Italian parsley
- extra virgin olive oil
- champagne or white vinegar
- sea salt
- If you can’t find fennel, you can use celery. Slice the celery thin, at an angle as a substitute
- White balsamic vinegar or traditional balsamic vinegar works well for this dressing
- If you prefer a sweet salad dressing, add raw, local honey to the dressing. Two teaspoons will do.
- If your beets are still warm from baking and peeling, add the dressing to them immediately so they soak up more of the vinaigrette. This will make for a more flavorful salad.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, TRY THE FOLLOWING SALAD RECIPES
- How To Cook Fresh Beets The Healthy Way
- Healthy Whipped Green Goddess Dressing with Mint & Parsley
- Antioxidant Kale Salad with Blueberries, Walnuts & Currants
- Homemade Buttermilk Dressing
- Chef’s California Salad
If you make this recipe, please let me know. Bookmark this recipe and leave a comment below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram with #starseedkitchen #highvibrationfoods.Print
Yellow golden beet salad with thinly shaved fennel, red onion, flat leaf parsley and a light vinaigrette.
- 4 cooked, peeled golden beets
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 small red onion
- Flat leaf Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp champagne or white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp raw, local honey (optional)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Slice beets into wedges and add to a medium bowl.
- Make you dressing. In a small bowl, add olive oil, vinegar, honey and sea salt. Whisk to combine. Add to beets and let marinate.
- Prepare the rest of your ingredients. Thinly slice fennel and red onion (a mandolin works best). Add to bowl with beets and mix to combine.
- Add parsley leaves, picking the leaves away from the stem. Toss all ingredients to combine. Season with sea salt and optional black pepper to finish.
- For the best results for thinly shaved fennel and red onion, use a mandolin.
- If you can’t find fennel, you can use celery. Slice the celery thin, at an angle as a substitute.
- White balsamic vinegar or traditional balsamic vinegar works well for this dressing.
- If you prefer a sweet salad dressing, add raw, local honey. Two teaspoons will do.
- Top with feta, goat cheese, sliced chicken breast or fish to complete the meal.
Keywords: yellow beet salad, golden beet salad, roasted beet salad, yellow beets, golden beets, side salad
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hi, I’m Whitney Aronoff, a Holistic Chef based in Laguna Beach, California. I graduated from Southern Methodist University with a degree in Communications, and went on to the health supportive culinary school, The Natural Gourmet Institute, in New York City. I work as a personal chef and teach cooking classes, with a focus on healthy, whole foods cooking.
My goal is to help people feel their best by sharing the delicious, healthy recipes I prepare weekly for my clients. I want you to have the energy to live your best life and fulfil your dreams.
As we become more conscious and make more quality food choices, our body, mind, soul and the planet benefits.