Yellow golden beet salad with thinly shaved fennel, red onion, flat leaf parsley and a light vinaigrette.
- 4 cooked, peeled golden beets
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 small red onion
- Flat leaf Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp champagne or white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp raw, local honey (optional)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Slice beets into wedges and add to a medium bowl.
- Make you dressing. In a small bowl, add olive oil, vinegar, honey and sea salt. Whisk to combine. Add to beets and let marinate.
- Prepare the rest of your ingredients. Thinly slice fennel and red onion (a mandolin works best). Add to bowl with beets and mix to combine.
- Add parsley leaves, picking the leaves away from the stem. Toss all ingredients to combine. Season with sea salt and optional black pepper to finish.
- For the best results for thinly shaved fennel and red onion, use a mandolin.
- If you can’t find fennel, you can use celery. Slice the celery thin, at an angle as a substitute.
- White balsamic vinegar or traditional balsamic vinegar works well for this dressing.
- If you prefer a sweet salad dressing, add raw, local honey. Two teaspoons will do.
- Top with feta, goat cheese, sliced chicken breast or fish to complete the meal.
Keywords: yellow beet salad, golden beet salad, roasted beet salad, yellow beets, golden beets, side salad