Collagen Berry Smoothie Bowl
A collagen berry beauty bowl that is good for your body and tastes like dessert. Make that smoothie bowl you love to eat out at home.
A HEALTHY CHEFS BEAUTY BOWL
I love ice cream and created this collagen beauty bowl to give me the feeling of enjoying a naughty frozen dessert while nourishing my body.
I keep it clean and balanced with mixed berries, fresh raw spinach, high quality collagen and superfoods. It’s easy and simple once you know the best smoothie bowl ingredient along with the right liquid ratios.
WHAT IS THE HEALTHIEST LIQUID YOU CAN PUT IN A SMOOTHIE
Water. Yes, you can use water in smoothies. It’s hydrating, calorie free and the healthiest liquid you can put in a smoothie. Now you know my chef secret ingredient for my famous smoothie bowls.
I graduated from a health supportive culinary school where I made many versions of nut milks, seed milks, smoothies and homemade ice creams. Additionally, I have worked at a juice and smoothie bar where I made 20+ smoothies a day.
Here are the healthy liquids I’ve used to make smoothies:
- Flaxseed Milk
- Almond Milk
- Hemp Seed Milk
- Oat Milk
- Organic Soy Milk
- Coconut Milk
- Cashew Milk
- Macademia Nut milk
- Organic Cow’s Milk or Goat Milk
All of these choices above are healthy as long as they are sugar-free and preservative free. Remember to use in moderation.
HOW DO I MAKE A SMOOTHIE INTO A SMOOTHIE BOWL
To make a smoothie bowl, or an acai bowl, you want to use less liquid then you would in a regular smoothie. Remember, when you use fresh fruit that adds additional liquid.
To recreate your favorite smoothie shops recipe, use frozen fruit just like they do. That includes bananas, strawberries, blueberries, cherries, mango and pineapple.
The exception is spinach and kale. That works great raw and fresh.
Follow this ratio when using frozen fruit and ice.
- Use 3 tablespoons or 1/8 cup for a smoothie bowl
- Use 1/4 cup water or milk for a thick smoothie
- Use 1/2 cup water or milk for a traditional smoothie
BEST SMOOTHIE BOWL TOPPINGS
Here are some of my favorite toppings for smoothie bowls and overnight oats.
- Sliced or slivered almonds
- Chopped walnuts, cashews or pecans
- Fresh berries and bananas
- Chunky almond butter (I love MaraNatha Organic Raw Crunchy Almond Butter)
- Hemp seeds
- Chia seeds
- Shredded coconut flakes (sugar-free), thin or wide
- Cacao nibs
- Paleo or grain-free granola (I love Lark Ellen Farms Grain Free Granola)
How you layer the ingredients in the blender matters. Add the water and the raw spinach into the blender first. This will ensure the blender works properly and the blade doesn’t get stuck.
If the consistency is thick, chunky and not blending properly then add additional water one tablespoon at a time.
IF YOU LIKE THIS BREAKFAST RECIPE, TRY THE FOLLOWINGPrint
A collagen berry smoothie bowl that is good for your body and tastes like dessert. Make that smoothie bowl you love to eat out at home.
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups organic baby spinach, packed
- 1 ½ cups frozen berries (strawberries, blueberries, cherries, etc.)
- 4–5 ice cubes
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp spirulina powder or chorella (optional)
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 scoop of collagen powder (such as Vital Proteins or Ancient Nutrition)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut flakes (optional topping)
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds (optional topping)
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds (optional topping)
- 1 Tbsp cacao nibs (optional topping)
- Using a high-speed blender, add water, then spinach to the blender. It’s important to add these first so the blade doesn’t get stuck.
- Continue adding the remaining ingredients, including frozen berries, ice cubes, flax seed, spirulina, maca and collagen. Blend on high, using blender stick to get all the ingredients incorporated. Blend till smooth, thick and an ice cream like consistency.
- Scoop into a bowl. Top with coconut flakes, sliced almonds, hemp seeds or cacao nibs. Enjoy.
- How you layer the ingredients in the blender matters. Add the water and the raw spinach into the blender first. This will ensure the blender works properly and the blade doesn’t get stuck.
- If the consistency is thick, chunky and not blending properly then add additional water one tablespoon at a time.
Keywords: berry smoothie, berry smoothie bowl, collagen smoothie bowl, collagen beauty bowl, breakfast bowl, collagen berry bowl, superfood smoothie bowl, how to make a smoothie bowl, how to make a smoothie, how to make a juice shop smoothie bowl, how to take collagen