Truffle Cauliflower Soup
Nothing is better than a vegetable being popular and trendy. So it is with Cauliflower.
With that said, it’s easy to get in a rut and always cook a vegetable the same way. This recipe is a quick and easy way to mix up your routine.
FIVE INGREDIENT SOUP
When we think about soup, with often assume we need to have a hearty vegetable broth or bone broth available. That is what makes this recipe so great.
No broth or stock necessary. All you need is 5 ingredients: cauliflower, celery, onion, almonds, thyme.
A CREAMY VEGAN SOUP
Between the fiber in the cauliflower and protein from the almonds, this soup will really fill you up. The best part is the texture. It is thick and creamy, without using any dairy.
Added bonus, pick up some truffle olive oil and drizzle on each bowl of soup for added richness.
This recipe is Vegan, Plant Based, Gluten-Free, Lectin-Free and Dairy Free.
FINISH WITH TRUFFLE OIL
I use truffle olive oil to finish the soup for extra flavor and depth. If you can’t find a quality truffle oil, or don’t want to invest in this condiment, you can still enjoy the soup without it.
My favorite truffle olive oil is by Truffle Brothers. Avoid buying any truffle oil that says it’s good for a ‘pizza topping’. Those olive oils tend to not have much flavor and aren’t worth the money. You want a truffle oil that packs a big flavor punch with just a small amount of oil.
You need no more than a 1-2 teaspoons drizzled onto your soup before serving. You can find mini bottles of the oil and most speciality markets, such as Whole Foods, Bristal Farms, Pavilions and so on.
Let the soup cool for 10-20 minutes before blending if you have the extra time. Blending while piping hot can be dangerous if the top comes off.
You will get a smoother finish by using a Vitamix or high speed blender over a hand immersion blender.
As a chef, no matter how careful you are, being in a rush with hot soup can cause a burn. Be mindful during this last step of the recipe.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, TRY THE FOLLOWING
- Earthy Vegetarian White Bean Chili
- Rustic Winter Minestrone Soup with Quick Basil Pesto
- Bright & Healthy Lemon Coriander Soup
- Smoky White Bean & Collard Greens Soup
- Erewhon Market Inspired Mighty Greens Soup
Five ingredient creamy truffle cauliflower soup. Plant based and dairy free. A great dinner party recipe whether your friends are vegan, paleo, keto or whole30.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, sliced
- 2 1/4 cups sliced almonds, reserving ¼ c for garnish
- 1 large cauliflower, trimmed, cut
- 4 sticks of celery, chopped
- 3–5 T leaves from fresh thyme sprigs, about 20 sprigs
- 8 cups Water
- 3 t Sea Salt, and more to taste
- Truffle olive oil to garnish
1. Place oil in a soup pot on medium-low heat. Add onion and cook until softened and translucent, about 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally and adjust the heat as needed so onions do not brown.
2. Add celery and cauliflower to onions and stir to combine. Add water and bring to a gentle boil. Turn down to a simmer, and add 2 cups of almonds, 2 teaspoon of salt and thyme. Simmer until cauliflower is tender and almonds are soft, about 20-25 minutes. When done, add remaining thyme and sea salt. Stir.
3. Puree in batches in blender or with a hand immersion blender, adding salt and additional fresh thyme to taste. Pour into bowls. Garnish each serving with a small drizzle of truffle oil and reserved toasted almonds.
Use a Vitamix or high speed blender over a hand immersion blender. You will get a smoother finish to the soup.
Stores in fridge for up to 5 days. Freezes well.
Keywords: cauliflower soup with truffle oil, how to make a creamy vegan soup without dairy, how to make a creamy vegetarian soup without dairy, how to may a creamy plant based soup without dairy, how to make a healthy cauliflower soup, truffle oil in soup, 5 ingredient soup recipe, five ingredient soup recipe