Five ingredient creamy truffle cauliflower soup. Plant based and dairy free. A great dinner party recipe whether your friends are vegan, paleo, keto or whole30.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, sliced
- 2 1/4 cups sliced almonds, reserving ¼ c for garnish
- 1 large cauliflower, trimmed, cut
- 4 sticks of celery, chopped
- 3–5 T leaves from fresh thyme sprigs, about 20 sprigs
- 8 cups Water
- 3 t Sea Salt, and more to taste
- Truffle olive oil to garnish
1. Place oil in a soup pot on medium-low heat. Add onion and cook until softened and translucent, about 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally and adjust the heat as needed so onions do not brown.
2. Add celery and cauliflower to onions and stir to combine. Add water and bring to a gentle boil. Turn down to a simmer, and add 2 cups of almonds, 2 teaspoon of salt and thyme. Simmer until cauliflower is tender and almonds are soft, about 20-25 minutes. When done, add remaining thyme and sea salt. Stir.
3. Puree in batches in blender or with a hand immersion blender, adding salt and additional fresh thyme to taste. Pour into bowls. Garnish each serving with a small drizzle of truffle oil and reserved toasted almonds.
Use a Vitamix or high speed blender over a hand immersion blender. You will get a smoother finish to the soup.
Stores in fridge for up to 5 days. Freezes well.
Keywords: cauliflower soup with truffle oil, how to make a creamy vegan soup without dairy, how to make a creamy vegetarian soup without dairy, how to may a creamy plant based soup without dairy, how to make a healthy cauliflower soup, truffle oil in soup, 5 ingredient soup recipe, five ingredient soup recipe