EP 43 Regenerative Farming & The Holistic Agriculture Movement with Liz Riffle
Riffle Farms raises grass-fed and finished bison tucked in the hills of Preston County, West Virgina.
Owner and operators Liz & Jimmie Riffle are veterans, animal lovers, and agents for the natural community. They are committed to honest meat and changing the current meat processing system our nation relies on.
Riffle Farms was the first commercial bison operation in the state of West Virginia. They were also the first farm business to field harvest their animals for state certified commercial sale, which is also how Liz’s second business, The Honest Carnivore – A West Virgina Meat Collective, was born. Liz has years of supporting work behind her through The Good Meat Project and The Farm to Consumer Legal Defense Fund.
Riffle Farms is part of a growing movement. A movement to facilitate the large-scale regeneration of the world’s grasslands and the livelihoods of their inhabitants, through holistic management.
Regenerative farming and agriculture provide a resilient system to grow food by building soil that will become abundant for man, beast, and all of Nature. The Riffle family chose bison, with their intact wildness, to help teach us how to work with Mother Nature instead of against her (plus they are fabulously, healthy meat!).
- Regenerative Farming
- The Holistic Agriculture Movement
- Where did bison traditionally roam
- How many types of bison are there
- How the bison help build top soil that support the growth of more nutritionally dense fruits and vegetables
- The health benefits of consuming this nutrition source
- What do bison eat
- Field harvested meat and grass finished meat definitions
- What happens to the bison bones after processing
- What about all the other parts of the bison? Are they all being used, from skin to hooves?
- What is the difference between bison purchased directly from a farm like Riffle Farms, versus the ground up meat and steaks we see in the grocery store?
Listen to the High Vibration Living Podcast on Apple, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Google & YouTube.
Leave a Reply