EP 47 The Benefits Of Chocolate For Our Physical, Emotional & Spiritual Bodies With Kathryn Rogers
Kathryn Rogers is founder and CEO of Maya Moon Company, the original organic cacao chakra truffles and Maya Moon Collective, a cacao café in San Diego, California.
Kathryn launched the company following a 10-year career in strategic brand management and executive leadership in the wellness and sustainable food sectors. After building a successful farm-to-table catering company from the ground up in San Diego, she decided to pivot the Vivacious Dish LLC brand to launch a packaged food product.
Maya Moon was born out of her love for the environment and an allergy to processed sugar: so she set out on a mission to create a decadent treat that supports health and wellbeing for their customers and the farmers they source from.
Kathryn is working on the ground with organic and regenerative cacao farmers in South America to create strategic and mutually supportive alliances that are self-sustaining. Together, they are tackling issues related to climate change, deforestation and community development as they relate to growing, processing and distributing cacao.
Since it’s launch in 2019, Maya Moon has grown to include a team of 11 chocolatiers and cacao-tenders, serving up hot and cold drinking chocolate, pastries and cacao truffles at their first brick-and-mortar cafe in San Diego, CA.
- Sourcing quality cacao from South America
- How and why you should use chocolate for mediation
- Ceremonial drinking cacao versus eating chocolate bars and candy
- The purpose & popularity of a chocolate ceremony
- Why chocolate is heart medicine
- The health benefits of cacao
- How chakra chocolate truffles were created
- How to make healthy vegan chocolate truffles