EP 55 Health-Promoting Power Of Food That’s Whole, Local, Seasonal and Organic with Chef Elliott Prag
Chef Elliott Prag is Dean of Students Affairs & Career Services at Institute of Culinary Education in New York City. A beloved chef-instructor and original department head of the Health-Supportive Culinary Arts program, he has more than 22 years of experience teaching recreational and professional cooking classes, specializing in local, whole, seasonal and organic foods.
His culinary background includes years as the chef-owner of a catering company, followed by eight years as a multi-client personal chef, and nearly two decades teaching a variety of classes at the Natural Gourmet Institute.
Chef Elliott enjoys “exploring time and again the health-promoting power of food that’s whole, local, seasonal and organic” and “meeting students who share [his] passion and commitment to this way of eating.”
- Health supportive cooking
- Macrobiotics and Ayurveda
- Making healing kitchari and konji
- Warming foods for the fall and winter season
- Expansive and contractive concepts
- How to safely come off a cleanse
- Healthy culinary schools
- The Natural Gourmet Center classes and the Culinary Nutrition certificate program at ICE Culinary
- The Natural Gourmet Institute culinary school
- Chef favorite restaurants in NYC