Healthy oatmeal bars that are low sugar and made vegan with the use of coconut oil.
- 36 oz (4 ½ c) Organic oat flour (or gluten free flour of choice)
- 32 oz (4 c) Organic raw cane sugar (or brown sugar)
- 24 oz (3 c) Organic rolled oats
- 1 jar (14 oz) Coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp Sea salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 5 c Organic chopped walnuts
- 2 ½ c Healthy strawberry jam
- In a large bowl combine sugar, oat flour, rolled oats and sea salt. Stir in melted coconut oil.
- Line a large baking dish with parchment paper. Add 6 cups of the oat mixture, firmly packing the mixture into the dish to create the base. Cover with another sheet of parchment, press firmly and let chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Set remaining oat mixture aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine walnuts and vanilla extract with remaining oat mixture to make the walnut crumble.
- Remove oat bar base from the fridge. Add the strawberry jam over the oat bar base into an even layer. Top with walnut oat crumble and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Place in the fridge to firm for 1 hour. Slice into 16-20 bars. Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Make you own jam for oat bars that are more healthy. Try my Strawberry Chia Seed Jam.
Keywords: healthy oatmeal bars, vegan oat bars, oat bars low sugar, vegan oatmeal bars, oat bars with strawberry jam