Healthy recipe to make traditional oat groats for breakfast for digestive ease.
- 1 cup organic oat groats
- 3 cups water
- Soak your oats overnight or for 8 hours.
- Place 1 cup of oats in a large bowl. Cover with water. Place on the counter to soak overnight.
- When ready to cook, drain oats through a sieve and discard water.
- Place oats in a medium pot. Add 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then down to a simmer. Let cook for 25 minutes or till oats are plump and water had almost evaporated. Turn off stove, cover pot with a lid, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy with toppings such as ground flax seed, nut butters, fresh or frozen fruit. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for meal prep up to 7 days.
If you don’t have time to soak your oat groats, you can still prepare them. Follow this Breakfast Oat Groats Recipe.
Keywords: breakfast, oatmeal, oat groats, oat groats recipe, breakfast oat groats, traditional oat groats, oat groats versus oatmeal