A truly clean and healthy yellow coconut curry that is sugar free. Pair with rice and fresh cilantro for a delicious and balanced meal.
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- ½ yellow onion, small diced
- 1 small white sweet potato, medium diced
- 2 Tbsp and ½ tsp sea salt, divided
- ½ tsp coarse black pepper
- 1 jar yellow curry (I use Yai’s Thai Yellow Coconut Curry)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 large carrots, sliced in 1-inch stew pieces
- 2 zucchini, sliced in 1-inch stew pieces
- ½ bunch of asparagus, 2-inch tips only
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin matchsticks
- 1 bunch chard, green, red or rainbow
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro
- In a large soup pot, melt coconut oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté till translucent for 5 minutes. Add sweet potato, sea salt, and black pepper. Stir well. Then add curry, coconut milk, vegetable broth and carrots. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the curry is simmering, in a separate medium pot, add 4 cups of water and 2 tablespoons of salt. Wash chard, trim 2 inches off stems and discard. Chop stems and green leaves into 1-inch pieces. Blanch in boiling salted water and immediately drain into colander. Set aside.
- Add zucchini and asparagus tips to curry pot. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve curry in bowls with a scoop of rice and a handful of chard. Garnish with red bell pepper and fresh cilantro.
- You can add all sorts of vegetable to suit your preferences. Try adding green beans, cauliflower, bok choy or tofu.
- This dish freezes well. Make extra and store for meal prep.
Keywords: vegan yellow curry, yellow curry, vegetable curry, vegetarian curry, vegan curry, vegan thai curry, vegan coconut curry, vegan yellow curry, yellow vegetable curry, thai curry, thai yellow curry, thai coconut curry, yellow coconut curry, vegan curry, yellow vegan curry, vegan yellow curry, vegan coconut curry, vegan thai vegetable curry, paleo curry, gluten free curry