This salad makes enough for 4 entrees or 6 appetizers. Add more salad greens as desired. Any extra salad dressing will keep in the refrigerator for two weeks.
- 8 cups butter lettuce (Boston lettuce), or 2 bags of pre chopped lettuce
- 2 pears, medium diced
- 1 small radicchio balls, chopped
- 4 medium burrata cheese balls
- ½ cup basil leaves, chiffonade
- 3 cups sourdough bread croutons, 1-2-inch cubes in size
- ½ cup pistachios, crushed
- ¼ sunflower seeds
- 1 radish, sliced thin for garnish
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- ¾ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare the salad dressing. Add all items to a high-speed blender, except the olive oil. Puree on medium, till garlic cloves are broken down. Slowly drizzle in olive oil and blend till incorporated. Set aside.
- Chop butter lettuce and radicchio into 2-inch bite size pieces. In a large salad bowl, toss lettuce leaves until well mixed.
- Add diced pears, basil leaves, croutons, and a few tablespoons of dressing. Toss well and plate into four salad bowls. Slice burrata balls in half and add two pieces on top of each salad. Sprinkle with pistachios and sunflower seeds. Garnish with radish slices.
Be sure to chop the butter lettuce and radicchio in 2-inch bite size pieces. I like keeping the lettuce, radicchio and croutons similar in size for more continuity.
Keywords: panzanella salad, pear panzanella salad, health panzanella salad, buratta salad, pear salad