Try this healthy root vegetable mashed potato dish made with white sweet potatoes, parsnips, ghee, white pepper and sea salt.
- 1 lb white sweet potato
- 1 lb parsnips (4–5 parsnips)
- 1/2 cup reserved water from cooked parsnips or sweet potato
- 1–2 garlic cloves
- 2–3 TBSP ghee
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- Peel white sweet potato. Diced it into medium cubes. Add to a medium pot, cover with water, bring to a boil. Cook till potatoes are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Diced parsnips into medium sized pieces. Add to a medium pot, cover with water, bring to a boil. Cook till potatoes are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of water from cooked sweet potatoes or parsnip.
- Drain sweet potatoes and parsnips. Add to high speed blender or Cuisinart. Add 1/4 cup of water, garlic, ghee, sea salt and white pepper. Blend till smooth. Add more water if too thick.
- Serve immediately. Store in air-high container in the fridge for up to 1 week for meal prep.
You can make this recipe with any root vegetable. Try combining celery root, white sweet potato or parsnip together for a great take on mashed potatoes.
Keywords: root vegetable, paleo mashed potatoes, root vegetable mash, parsnip mashed potatoes, sweet potato mashed potatoes