Baked halibut with Mediterranean flavors of tomatoes, olives, capers, garlic, lemon and herbs. Easy recipe that works well with any white fish.
- 2 servings halibut, 6-oz each
- 1 bunch/pint of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 red onion, small diced
- 2 Tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/8 c kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/8 c green olives, sliced
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 2–3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place halibut on baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, add tomatoes, onion, parsley, olives, capers, garlic, oregano and olive oil. Strip the fresh thyme sprigs and add leaves to bowl. Mix ingredients together. Place over halibut.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, till tomatoes have wilted and fish has cooked through. Serve immediately and enjoy.
Substitute halibut for any white fish. Hake, cod, sea bass, rockfish, tilapia, all work great.
For naturally thin cuts of white fish, such as tilapia and rockfish, reduce the cook time by 5 minutes.
If you are out of oregano, substitute for marjoram
You may substitute fresh thyme for a teaspoon of dried thyme
Keywords: Mediterranean, white fish recipe, halibut recipe, baked fish recipe