This traditional Ayurvedic liver cleansing drink naturally detoxes the body and helps you loose weight. All you need is 7 simple ingredients and a blender.
- 1 grapefruit or orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 1–2 garlic cloves
- 1-inch peeled and sliced fresh ginger
- 1–2 tsp ground flax seed
- 1–2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Add ¼ cup of filter water if the mixture is too thick.
- Blend on high until garlic and ginger are thoroughly blended.
- Drink slowly, chewing and mixing the beverage with your saliva before swallowing for optimal digestion.
Chew your drink. Saliva is the first step in digestion. Drink slowly, with intention, and chew your food.
Add a few tablespoons of water if your drink is too thick.
The ideal way to prepare this beverage is with a grapefruit. If you are a bit nervous to try it, start with an orange and work up to using a grapefruit. You’ll be surprised how quickly you start to enjoy it and how light it makes you feel.
If you are extra hungry, increase the ground flax seed by adding an extra heaping scoop of ground flax seed.
Make this liver cleanse drink fresh each morning. It takes less then 5 minutes to prepare. It does not store well for the next day due to oxidation.
Keywords: liver cleanse, ayurveda, ayurvedic, detox drink, liver cleanse juice, liver cleanse diet, liver cleanse drink, ayurvedic recipes, ayurveda recipes