Part big green salad, party satisfying antipasto. This healthy layered salad works great as an entree or meal prep meal. Or serve smaller portions as an appetizer for a dinner party.
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 romaine lettuce (or 2 romaine hearts)
- 1 radicchio, small
- 3 c spinach, packed
- 1 c pitted black olives, medium
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced thin
- 2 c cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 c garbanzo beans
- 1 cup parmesan shavings, large and wide
- ½ cup peppercini’s, sliced
- ½ cup Italian flat leaf parsley, rough chopped
- 4 hard boiled eggs
FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- 1 tsp old style grain mustard
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp coarse black pepper
- ¼ c red wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare the dressing. Add all ingredients in a jar or small bowl. Shake or mix well. Set aside.
- Chop romaine and radicchio into 1-inch bite size. Add to a large salad bowl and toss with spinach.
- Layer the additional ingredients on top of the lettuce, including the olives, red onion, cherry tomatoes, garbanzo beans, parmesan, peppercini’s, and parsley. Toss well.
- Add ¼ cup of the dressing. Toss and add additional dressing to taste. Serve in 4 bowls. Garnish with extra parmesan, parsley and hard boiled eggs.
- Add extra parmesan flakes and parsley for garnish.
- Be sure to use the large, wide flakes of parmesan versus shredded parmesan. You’ll taste the difference.
Keywords: italian salad, vegetarian salad, antipasto salad, green salad, italian green salad, vegetarian italian salad, big green salad, big italian salad, garbanzo salad