Make homemade sourdough croutons for optimum flavor. Add herbs and spices as desired to customize for any dish.
- 1 small loaf of organic, sourdough bread
- 1 stick of quality unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Using a bread nice, sliced the bread into 2-3 inch square pieces. The bread will shrink when cooking.
- Slice the butter into 4 pieces. In a large pan, melt the butter. Add the bread pieces and stir well.
- Add the bread pieces covered in butter to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 10-13 minutes, or until light brown and crispy.
Be sure to spread the bread out evenly on the baking sheet. If the bread is over crowded, it will steam, and not dry up to become crispy, brown croutons.
Keywords: croutons, sourdough croutons, homemade croutons, soup toppings, salad toppings, bread crumbs, butter croutons