Chef tested and client approved herb rubbed whole roast chicken with crispy skin. Enjoy the rosemary, thyme and lavender flavors of Herbs de Provence.
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 3 tablespoons Herbs de Provence
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary (optional)
- 2–6 sprigs of fresh thyme (optional)
- 1/2 lemon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. If you have convection setting on your oven, you’ll want to turn it on. This will help your skin get extra crispy.
- Remove chicken from wrapping, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place parchment on baking sheet. Lather your chicken on all sides with the dijon mustard. Be generous. Cover chicken with herbs de provence on all sides. Add rosemary, thyme and fresh lemon into the cavity of the bird if desired. Roast breast side up.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes with convection setting. If your bird is overside or your oven temperature isn’t working properly, bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes to cook through.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- If your chicken is not cooking all the way through, be sure to remove it from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking.
- Still having trouble getting the results you are looking for? Then the temperature of your oven may be off. Try increasing the roasting temperature by 25 degrees.
Keywords: roast chicken, whole roast chicken, healthy chicken recipes, herbs de provence, crispy skinned chicken, dijon mustard chicken, herbs de provence chicken, sunday roast, meal prep chicken, paleo chicken