This healthy strawberry jam recipe is made with no refined sugar and no pectin.
Just three simple ingredients: strawberries, chia seeds, maple syrup.
- 8 c (2 lbs) Strawberries, organic
- 1/4 c Maple syrup
- 1/4 c Chia seeds
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract (optional)
- In a medium sauce pot, add strawberries, maple syrup and chia seeds. Bring to a boil, then down to a rolling simmer for 5 minutes.
- Use potato masher and mash fruit till soft and additional liquid forms. Bring back to a simmer and let cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally so the jam doesn’t burn.
- Remove from stove. Mix in vanilla extract and let cool. Store jam in an air tight glass container for up to 2 weeks.
Use fresh or frozen organic strawberries.
This recipe is a great base. Try with blueberries, mixed berries and peaches.
Makes 4 cup. Store in an air tight glass container for up to two weeks.
Keywords: strawberry jam without pectin, strawberry jam low sugar, chia seed jam, healthy jam recipe, jam made with honey, how to make healthy jam