Fresh and healthy halloumi salad recipe with shredded fennel, cucumber, green beans and radish. Perfect for a meal prep lunch or clean eating dinner.
- 6–8 cups spring lettuce mix, rough chopped
- 1 ½ cups shredded red cabbage
- 4 cups shaved fennel, sliced in half (2 bulbs)
- 1 cucumber, peeled, deseeded, thinly sliced in half moons
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced (shaved)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion, half moons
- 1 cup green beans, blanched and sliced into 2-inch pieces
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup chopped dill
- ½ cup chopped mint
- ½ cup roasted & salted sunflower seeds
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 package halloumi cheese
- Whipped Lemon Vinaigrette
- Prepare your greens by rough chopping the lettuce and adding to a large salad bowl. Using a mandolin or sharp knife, thinly shred your red cabbage, fennel, cucumber, radishes and red onion. Toss well. Add fresh herbs and toss again till incorporated.
- In a non-stick or ceramic pan, add avocado oil and heat on medium. Once had, add slices of halloumi. Sear on each side for 2 minutes till brown.
- Toss salad greens lightly with Whipped Lemon Vinaigrette. Portion our into 4-6 salad bowls. Top with green beans, roasted and salted sunflower seeds and warm halloumi cheese.
- Don’t skimp on fresh herbs. Add at least one fresh herb, or all three if you have access or availability.
- Thinly sliced cabbage, red onion, fennel, cucumber and radish is what sets this salad apart. Consider investing in a mandolin to improve your salad skills.
- If making this for meal prep, add all ingredients to your salad container except sunflower seeds, halloumi and dressing. Add those three items when ready to eat.
Keywords: halloumi salad recipe, meal prep salad, halloumi cheese recipe, how to use bread cheese, salad for meal prep, fennel salad recipe, cucumber salad recipe, green bean salad recipe, spring salad recipe, clean eating salad recipe, healthy salad recipe, vegetarian salad with cheese, paleo salad with cheese, healthy spring salad