This salad is topped with grilled corn, black beans, grilled red onion, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, and a creamy avocado cilantro dressing.
- 3 romaine lettuce spears, shredded
- 3 ears of corn, grilled
- 1 red onion, grilled
- 1 red bell pepper, grilled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 can black beans, drained, rinsed and dried
- ½ bunch cilantro
- Cilantro Avocado Dressing
- Sprinkle of pepitas or cotija cheese as desired
- Chop romaine into thin, half inch strips. Separate into 4 bowls.
- Top lettuce with black beans. Chop red onion and bell pepper into small dices and add to salad.
- Using a serrated knife, shave corn off husk and distribute evenly on salads. Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and rough chopped fresh cilantro. Toss with Cilantro Avocado Dressing when ready to serve.
Don’t have a grill? No problem. You can ‘grill’ your corn on your stove.
Using tons, place your corn on your stove burner over a high flame. Turn every few minutes, as a few corn kernels brown. You only need a few to be toasted and blistered and the corn will be ready to go.
Keywords: salad, corn salad, mexican salad, southwest salad, black bean salad, grilled corn salad, chopped salad, mexican chopped salad