Healthy dried fig, date and pistachio balls. Made with raw almond butter and superfood maca powder. These energy snacks are Paleo, Keto, Gluten-Free, Vegan and Lectin-Free.
- ¼ cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup brazil nuts (about 9 nuts)
- 1/3 cup pistachios, plus ¼ cup to coat
- 5 whole black mission figs
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 3 Tbsp raw almond butter
- 1 tsp maca powder
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- In a food processor, pulse ¼ cup of pistachios into a fine powder, set aside.
- Add almonds, brazil nuts and pistachios to mixer and pulse till finely chopped. Add remaining ingredients and blend till combined.
- Using a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop, measure and roll the paste in the palm of your hands to form 11 balls. Roll in pistachio powder to coat. Store in the fridge for 2 weeks or in the freezer for 6 to 8 months.
Remember to use unsalted nuts and unsalted raw almond butter. If you only have these items salted then refrain from adding ¼ teaspoon of salt like the recipe calls for.
I chose raw almonds and raw almond butter because they are naturally sweet. Feel free to use roasted if that is what you have on hand, just know the flavor will be different from the intended recipe.
Using old dates? If your dates look a bit dried out, add an extra to the recipe. This treat calls for medjool dates. If you are using another type, add 2-3 more till you get a consistency that allows you to roll the paste into a ball.
Keywords: healthy pistachio bites costco, trader joes pistachio bites recipe, raw vegan fig and date balls, raw vegan energy balls, how to make dried fig balls, energy balls with maca powder, healthy vegan snacks , dried fig recipe, dried fig dessert recipe, date nut balls, fig balls, dried fig recipes