Healthy, clean ingredient and easy gazpacho recipe using heirloom tomatoes for a smooth flavor.
- 2 ½ lbs. yellow heirloom tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ English cucumber, peeled and de-seeded
- ½ medium yellow bell pepper
- ½ small red onion
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ½ inch of a small red chili such as a Fresno chili (optional)
- Wash and chop vegetables. Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend well till smooth. Test for additional sea salt or seasoning as desired.
- Enjoy thick or for a smoother finish strain through a sieve. Press the soup with a spatula in order to extract as much of the liquid as possible. Refrigerate in an airtight container for a least 2 hours prior to serving. Soup holds well for 7 days.
Can’t find yellow heirloom tomatoes? Red and orange tomatoes are a perfect substitute. Enjoy the flavor you get from different types of tomatoes.
I like chilling my soup in 32-oz jars. It makes for easy pouring when ready to serve.
Run through a sieve after blending for an extra smooth soup. For a bit more thick consistency enjoy as is.
Keywords: heirloom tomato gazpacho, chilled soup, tomato soup recipe, summer soup recipe, yellow tomato recipe, yellow gazpacho recipe, gluten free gazpacho, bread free gazpacho