A ‘chocolate’ flavored avocado mousse or healthy carob pudding with no caffeine and added vitamins and minerals. A good reason to eat dessert first.
- 2 Ripe bananas
- 2 Ripe avocados
- 2/3 c Carob powder
- 3 T Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp Stevia (or to taste)
- Using a small bowl, peal the banana and break into pieces. Smash well with a fork or potato masher. Add the avocados and do the same. Mix well till banana and avocado are incorporated. For a more smooth mousse texture, purée the mash with a hand blender or small food processor until smooth.
- Add in the carob powder slowly, in three parts, and combine well.
- Add maple syrup and continue to blend.
- Taste test, and add 1/8 teaspoon of stevia for additional sweetness, to taste.
- Transfer the mousse to individual bowls and serve. Store in the fridge until ready to eat, up to five days. Keeps well in freezer for six months.
Pair with whipped cream, cacao nibs, strawberries, caramel or fresh mint for garnish.
Keywords: healthy snack, healthy dessert, carob, avocado, banana, chocolate mousse, carob mousse, carob dessert, how to use carob