Easy 5-ingredient recipe for healthy buttermilk dressing. Enjoy this creamy dressing recipe on any salad, as a vegetable dip, with pizza and on sandwiches.
- ¾ cup organic buttermilk or organic whole milk
- ½ cup mayonnaise (canola oil free and sugar free)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp coarse black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh chives (optional)
- Whisk together buttermilk (or whole milk), mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir in chopped chives. Add additional lemon juice to taste.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator until cold, about 30 minutes, before serving on a salad or as a dip.
This salad dressing stores well for two weeks in the fridge. Great for meal prep.
Use a small whisk to easily blend the ingredients together.
Use kitchen scissors to cut your chives instead of chopping with a knife.
For a California take on buttermilk dressing, blend with ½ a ripe avocado.
Keywords: how to make a healthy buttermilk dressing, alternative to buttermilk for dressing, how to make a healthy creamy dressing, buttermilk substitute