An extra large broccoli cheddar quiche recipe with extra broccoli florets for a more high vibration breakfast or brunch. Bacon optional.
- 2 store-bought single crust pie dough or a double batch of homemade dough
- 1 TBSP organic butter
- 1/2 small diced yellow onion (about 1 cup)
- 5 strips of the best quality bacon you can source, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 dozen organic or pasture raised eggs
- 3/4 cup organic raw heavy cream
- 2–3 cups broccoli florets, lightly steamed and still crisp (about 2 small broccoli crowns)
- 1 cup grated organic raw sharp cheddar cheese
- sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly flour your work surface and rolling pin and roll out dough to fit your baking dish. Place dough in dish and prick with a fork a few times. Place a sheet of parchment paper over dough and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake until edge is dry and light golden, about 10-15 minutes. Remove parchment and weight.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high. Add bacon (optional) and cook for 2 minutes. Add onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook until transluenct and golden, 5 to 8 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and cream. Add onion, broccoli florets, and cheese and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Whisk to combine, pour into crust, tent with aluminum foil and bake until center of quiche is just set, 40 to 45 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
To store, refrigerate cooled quiche, tightly covered, up to 3 days. To reheat quiche, cover with foil and place in a 325 degrees oven until warmed, about 15 minutes.
Keywords: broccoli quiche, healthy quiche, broccoli cheddar quiche, broccoli bacon quiche, quiche recipes, broccoli recipes