Paleo Blueberry Balsamic Steak Sauce for beef, elk, venison, turkey, pork or chicken. Made with no sugar, clean eating, healthy ingredients.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 ½ c beef bone broth
- ½ c organic red wine
- ½ c organic balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ c organic blueberries
- 1 Tbsp local raw honey
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Sprig of rosemary
- In a medium sauce pot, add olive oil and minced garlic over medium heat. Simmer for a minute to activate the garlic. Add beef broth, wine and balsamic vinegar. Bring the sauce to a boil, then to a rolling medium bowl (more active then a simmer) and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, about 20-25 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of blueberries, honey and cinnamon. Continue to simmer until the blueberries break apart and the sauce thickens, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add remaining ½ cup of blueberries and sprig of rosemary and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve immediately or store in a glass jar for 5-7 days. Makes 12 ounces or 1 1/2 to 2 cups.
The quality of the ingredients you use matters. In order to have the best flavor, source the best quality ingredients.
Use homemade bone broth for best results. If using store bought beef bone broth, reach for those sold in the freezer section. Avoid using any and all boxed or shelf stable broths and stock.
Make sure to cooking the sauce with a rolling medium boil. If it is barely simmering it will not reduce in 20 minutes.
Makes 12 ounces or 1 1/2 to 2 cups.
Keywords: blueberry balsamic sauce, steak sauce, paleo sauce, paleo steak sauce, gluten free steak sauce, dairy free steak sauce, sauce for venison, sauce for elk, sauce for pork