Asian Chopped Salad recipe with crunchy napa cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, cucumber, cilantro and peanut dressing.
- 1 napa cabbage
- 1/4 red cabbage
- 2 large carrots
- 1 hot house English cucumber
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 cups shelled edamame (optional)
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 watermelon radish
- Peanut Cilantro Dressing
- Prepare salad dressing in a high speed blender and set aside. Then start on the salad.
- Slice napa cabbage in half. Chop into thin shreds. Add to a large salad bowl.
- Using a mandolin or a sharp knife, chop red cabbage into this shreds. Add to salad bowl.
- For the carrots and cucumber, sliced into 1-2 inch matchsticks. Slice carrot and cucumber into 1-2 inch pieces. Thinly slice on mandolin. Stack pieces and slice into matchsticks. Add to salad bowl, along with chopped fresh cilantro and edamame.
- Add salad dressing amount as desired and toss well. Portion into 4 salad bowls. Garnish with chopped peanuts and slices of watermelon radish.
Make this salad soy free by not adding edamame.
Swap edamame for shredded chicken or diced chicken. Baked salmon works well too.
Refer to photo for guidance on how to slice the vegetables for this chopped salad.
Keywords: napa cabbage salad, asian salad, chopped salad