Roasted vegetable salad with roasted carrots, brussels sprouts, dried cranberries, spinach and a sunny honey dijon dressing.
FOR THE SALAD
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 2 cups spinach
- 4–6 carrots
- 10 brussels sprouts (or 1 bag)
- ½ cup cooked tri-color quinoa
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 2–4 Tbsp dried cranberries (apple juice sweetened)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Sea salt
- Coarse black pepper
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1/3 cup white wine or champagne vinegar
- 1/8 cup Dijon mustard (sugar free)
- 2 tsp local raw honey
- ½ cup olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Quarter carrots and dice into ½ inch pieces. Toss lightly with olive oil, season with sea salt, black pepper and thyme.
- Slice brussels sprouts in half, toss lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place brussels one side of a sheet tray with parchment paper, face side down. Add the carrots to the other end of the sheet tray. Bake for 25 minutes, till brussels start to brown and carrots are soft.
- While the vegetables are cooking, prepare your salad dressing. Place vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a high-speed blender. Blend on high, and slowly drizzle in the olive oil to emulsify. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss mixed greens, spinach and a few tablespoons of dressing. Add to your salad bowl. Top with quinoa, brussels sprouts, carrots, almonds and dried cranberries. Add additional dressing as desired.
When roasting brussels sprouts, turn them face down when roasting. You will get better browning.
Don’t over roast your vegetables, al dente is best for salads.
Be sure to read your ingredients on mustard, vinegar and dried cranberries to avoid added sugar.
Choose local, raw honey for antioxidants, gut healthy and allergy support.
If you don’t have a blender, or the time, you can make the salad dressing in a bowl. Simply whisk together the vinegar, mustard, honey, salt, pepper and slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
Keywords: roasted vegetable salad, winter salad, seasonal salad, fall salad, brussels sprout salad, roasted carrot salad