Beautiful Thai Green Curry that is a hit for dinner parties, meal prep or Sunday night dinner. The secret to the vibrant green is spinach. Healthy, delicious and colorful.
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 red onion, medium diced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 jar of green curry sauce or paste
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1-lb boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 14.5-oz cans organic, full fat coconut milk
- ½ red bell pepper, cored, seeded, & medium diced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, & medium diced
- 1 cup of fresh green beans, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium bok choy, diced into ½ inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh spinach, packed
- 1 bunch of cilantro, rough chopped, to garnish
- Sprinkle of roasted & salted cashew pieces, for garnish
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until it starts to soften and becomes translucent. Turn heat to low if it starts to brown. Add the garlic and stir for a minute to activate.
- Stir in the chicken, cooking for 5 minutes. Add the green curry, coating the chicken well. Add the coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Add the bell peppers, green beans, and white parts of the bok choy (reserve the leafy greens till just before serving). Simmer for 5 minutes so the vegetables soften, and the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the spinach to a high-speed blender. Carefully ladle 1-2 cups of curry sauce from the pot into the blender, avoiding any vegetables as best you can. Blend on high till spinach is pulverized and liquid is vibrant green. Pour the blended spinach into the pot and stir well to incorporate.
- Add bok choy leaves and additional spinach if desired to the pot. Stir to wilt. Serve with brown rice, garnish with fresh cilantro and roasted cashews to garnish.
Call ahead to your butcher shop or meat department at your local grocery store and have them prepare the diced chicken. This will save you time when preparing this dish.
Prefer extra thick curry? Then use all of the red bell and yellow bell pepper. Stir in extra spinach just before serving.
Keywords: green curry, thai curry, curry, thai green curry, healthy curry, chicken curry, thai chicken curry, thai green chicken curry, paleo curry, healthy curry