Pearl couscous and turmeric makes for a vibrant salad with exciting texture and flavor. Enjoy as an entree of side dish for meal prep or a weeknight dinner.
- 1 c turmeric pearl couscous
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ cup chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- ¼ cup feta, crumbled (or ½ a block)
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2–3 cups packed baby arugula
- Bring 1 ½ cups of hot water to a boil. Add couscous, cover with lid, and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Turn off stove and let set for 5 minutes. Then remove lid, fluff and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- While couscous is cooling, assemble the salad. Add sliced tomatoes, feta, lemon zest and ½ the lemon juice to a bowl. Add couscous and stir to combine. Add olive oil, sea salt and pepper, stir. Taste to see if you would like more lemon.
- Add half the arugula and toss till incorporated. Serve immediately over additional arugula or store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
- If you can’t find turmeric pearl couscous, use traditional white pearl couscous in its place. You can add the turmeric two ways.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of turmeric to the boiling water before preparing the couscous.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a small pan, add 1-2 teaspoon of turmeric and warm on low heat to activate the spice. Mix with the cooked couscous till fully incorporated and colored, then continue to assemble the salad according to directions.
- Gluten-Free? Make this dish using cauliflower rice and 2 teaspoons of turmeric for color and anti-inflammatory health benefits.
Keywords: coucous salad, turmeric salad, turmeric couscous, pearl couscous, pearl couscous salad, israeli couscous salad, israeli couscous, turmeric pearl couscous salad, turmeric couscous salad, grain salad, yellow salad, vibrant salad