Traditional Greek salad recipe with chunky bites of fresh cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, bell peppers, feta and olives. Finished with a drizzle of red wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
- 2 cucumbers, peeled & deseeded
- 6–8 small tomatoes, quartered
- 1 bell pepper, red or orange, small diced
- 1/2 small red onion, small diced
- block of feta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 c red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c minced flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp coarse black pepper
- Peel the cucumbers. Sliced in half and de-seed. Sliced the cucumber halves again into quarters, then dice into 1-inch pieces. Add to a large mixing bowl.
- Sliced the small tomatoes into quarters. Follow with the bell pepper, red onion and feta, dicing them into 1-1/2 inch pieces. Add to the bowl. Drizzle with red wine vinegar and olive oil. Toss well.
- Season with sea salt and coarse black pepper. Garnish with parsley. Toss one more time and serve. Enjoy immediately or store in an air-tight container and enjoy for up to 5 days.
- Peel and de-seed the cucumber to remove the bitter seeds and skin. This is advised if following a lectin-free diet or if you are struggling with arthritis or joint pain.
- Dice your vegetables into 1-inch pieces.
- Reach for feta cheese from sheeps milk, or feta in brine for a more authentic flavor.
- Use high quality single origin extra virgin olive oil (organic preferred). Using high quality ingredients will improve the flavors of the salad.
- Add capers or fresh mint if desired.
Keywords: Greek Salad Recipe, Mediterranean Salad Recipe, classic Greek Salad Recipe, chunky Greek Salad Recipe, summer salad recipe, salad with feta