This is an easy sumac citrus salad dressing I use on my Freekeh, Fennel and Pomegranate Salad.
Enjoy this light and healthy lemony flavored dressing on any salad or grain bowl.
- 1 small-medium shallot
- 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup lime juice (3–4 limes)
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 Tbsp sumac
- ½–1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Place shallot, ginger, lime juice, maple syrup, sumac and sea salt in blender. Blend on high till ingredients pure.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil till all ingredients are combined and smooth. Taste dressing and season with additional sea salt as desired.
This recipe makes a large batch. It will stay good stored in an airtight container of mason jar for up to 1 week.
As a sweetner, you may use maple syrup or local raw honey. If avoiding sugar, try the dressing before adding a natural sweetener.
Keywords: sumac recipe, where to buy sumac, sumac salad recipes, how to use sumac, recipes for sumac