This recipe uses fresh figs dipped in honey, rolled in crushed pistachios, then stuffed with whipped feta. It is a versatile dish, great on a cheese board, as an appetizer or as dessert.
- 6–10 Fresh figs (Turkish or Mission)
- 1 block of feta cheese (5 oz)
- ¼ cup local honey
- ½ cup finely chopped pistachios
- 6 whole pistachios (for garnish)
- Fresh mint, chiffonade (for garnish)
- Start by whipping the feta. Using a food processor or hand immersion blender, whip the feta till soft and smooth.
- Add honey and finely chopped pistachios into two small bowls. Take each fig and slice down the middle, ¾ of the way. Dip into honey, then into the chopped pistachios. Stuff with a small spoonful of feta. Repeat for the remaining figs.
- Drizzle a little of the remaining honey on top. Sprinkle with the crushed pistachios. Add a whole pistachio on top for garnish, along with the chiffonade fresh mint. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator till you’re ready to enjoy. Good for 5-7 days.
Serve these fresh stuffed figs as an appetizer or dessert.
Make extra and enjoy the leftover figs on oats for breakfast. They are great over traditional oatmeal, steel cut oats or my favorite, oat groats.
Keywords: fresh fig recipe, fresh fig dessert recipes, fresh fig appetizer recipes, stuffed figs dessert, stuffed figs with pistachios, stuffed figs with feta