A homemade and easy enchilada sauce with smoky flavors. Fire roasted tomatoes, smoked paprika, chipotle and cayenne gives this sauce all the depth.
- 1 14.5-oz can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 3 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup flour – cassava, gluten-free or organic all-purpose
- 1 ½ tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Zest of half a lime
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blend on high till sauce is smooth. Taste test and add more cayenne, smoked paprika or sea salt to your liking.
- Transfer sauce to a small pot. Heat to a simmer and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Drizzle over enchiladas, toss with shredded chicken, or use as a smoky dip with roasted vegetables. Store in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.
Use this sauce over enchiladas, toss with shredded chicken, or use as a smoky dip with roasted vegetables.
Keywords: enchilada sauce, smoky enchilada sauce, chipotle enchilada sauce, Paleo enchilada sauce, healthy enchilada sauce, vegan enchilada sauce, smoky red sauce, chipotle red sauce, enchilada red sauce, health enchilada red sauce