How to make real chocolate mints using fresh mint leaves and good quality chocolate.
- 5 stems of fresh mint (1 clamshell or bunch from the market)
- 1 cup 70% chocolate chips (I use Equal Exchange)
- Place parchment or wax paper on a baking sheet or small flat pan (make sure it fits in your freezer).
- Add chocolate chips to a small saucepan. Melt chocolate on the lowest temperature for your stove top. Using a spatula, stir frequently till melted.
- Carefully dip mint leaves individually in the chocolate, being sure to coat each side. Gently shake off excess chocolate. Lay flat on parchment paper to settle. Repeat till you’ve used all your mint or chocolate.
- Place sheet tray in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and enjoy immediately. Wrap in parchment and store in freezer safe bag for a month.
Turn off the stove just before all the chocolate chips melt. Keep stirring till melted. If you over heat the chocolate, it will firm up and be difficult to work with.
Keywords: chocolate mints, chocolate dipped mint leaves, fresh mint leaves with chocolate, homemade chocolate mints, easy chocolate mints, dinner party dessert ideas, easy dinner part dessert ideas