When you want roasted brussels sprouts but don’t have the patience for roasting them, dry this quick cast iron skillet version.
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot, medium diced
- 1 Medium Lemon, juice and zest
- ½–¼ tsp Sea salt
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil on high for 1 minute.
- Add the trimmed brussels sprouts. You should hear a nice sizzle when they hit the pan. Place lid on top of pan, and turn the heat to medium.
- Leave covered for 5 minutes. Stir to ensure even cooking. Cover for another 5 minutes. You should see good browning and caramelization.
- Add shallots and ¼ teaspoon of salt and lower heat to medium-low. Let cook for 1 more minute.
- Turn off the stove. Add lemon juice, lemon zest and more salt to taste.
Keywords: how to make lemon brussels sprouts, how to make quick brussels sprouts, lemon brussels sprouts fast, how to cook brussels sprout hash, cast iron skillet brussels sprouts