This is a great seasonal salad to enjoy when the peaches are ripe and available. Feel free to add poached or grilled chicken, salmon, or a flaky white fish, like halibut, to this salad.
This recipe is great for those following a Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Paleo or Keto lifestyle.
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 bunch thin asparagus
- 2 ripe peaches
- 6 cups butter lettuce (two heads of lettuce or 2 bags)
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 burrata cheese
- 1 cup lightly salted pistachios, chopped
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 navel orange, juice and zest
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp sea salt & coarse black pepper
- Start by roasting the asparagus. Trim stems, place evenly on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil, a pinch of sea salt and pepper. Roast for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees. Set aside to cool.
- While asparagus is cooking, make the dressing. Add the juice and zest of an orange and lemon to a jar. Add thyme, sea salt, black pepper and olive oil. Shake well to combine. Let sit so the flavors emulsify.
- Slice peaches in half and remove pit. Heat a small pan on high, add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and sear peaches on each side for 2 minutes, or until warm, softened and light brown. Set aside to cool while you prepare the salad
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the butter lettuce and spinach. Toss lightly with dressing. Add green to four salad bowels. Top with sliced peaches, asparagus, burrata cheese and pistachios.
Grill the peaches when available for added flavor.
Double the salad dressing recipe as it keeps 1 week for easy meal prep.
Substitute burrata cheese for fresh mozzarella, halloumi or bread cheese as needed.
Keywords: summer salad, summer recipes, butter lettuce salad, peach salad, burrata cheese salad, burrata substitute