Easy recipe for Paleo Banana Nut Muffins. Refined sugar free and grain free, made with blanched almond flour. Great for breakfast or a snack.
This recipe uses a large muffin tin to make 6 large muffins like the ones you love from your neighborhood bakery of coffee shop.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a 6-cup jumbo muffin tin, line with extra large muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, including the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- Using a food processor, add the bananas and pulse till smooth. Add the rest of the wet ingredients, including eggs, coconut oil and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir well till incorporated. Add chopped walnuts and mix to combine.
- Using a ½ cup measuring cup, scoop batter evening into muffin liners. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool and store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
This recipe is for large muffins that give you the fresh from the bakery feel. I use large and extra large muffin cups by If You Care. If you only have a regular muffin tin, reduce baking time to 20-20 minutes.
Ripe bananas are a must. They create the proper moisture for the recipe and provide the natural sweetness. Your bananas should have some brown spots.
Keywords: paleo banana nut muffins, keto banana nut muffins, sugar free banana nut muffins, healthy banana nut muffins, banana nut muffins with almond flour, banana nut muffins with blanched almond flour, how to use blanched almond flour, blanched almond flour recipe