Healthy banana walnut muffins made with cassava flour. Paleo, Keto, Gluten Free and Vegetarian muffins that are delicious and grain free.
- 5 ripe bananas
- 1/4 c coconut oil, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 c cassava flour
- 1/2 c rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 muffin tin with muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, add the bananas and mash them with a fork. Add the coconut oil and stir to combine. Then add the remaining liquid ingredients, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, including the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir well till incorporated. Add chopped walnuts and stir till combined.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, generously scoop batter evenly into muffin liners. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
I use large and extra large muffin cups by If You Care, made with unbleached parchment paper.
Ripe bananas are a must. They create the proper moisture for the recipe and provide the natural sweetness. Your bananas should have some brown spots. I used 5 small bananas for this recipe.
These muffins are made with cassava flour, and are less moist because there is not gluten in the batter.
With cassava flour, the muffins will bake in the shape you add the batter to the muffin tins. Smooth the batter out or shape it to your liking.
I soaked my walnuts in water for 4-hours, which removes phytates and improves your ability to digest nuts. I suggest soaking nuts before using them for baking, cooking or eating them in any way.
Keywords: paleo banana nut muffins, keto banana nut muffins, sugar free banana nut muffins, healthy banana nut muffins, banana nut muffins with almond flour, cassava flour muffin, banana nut muffins with blanched almond flour, how to use blanched almond flour, blanched almond flour recipe