This is a healthy Paleo banana bread using blanched almond flour and tapioca or cassava flour. Grain-Free, Gluten-Free and refined Sugar Free it is a great recipe for picky eaters and those with dietary restrictions.
- 4 ripe organic bananas, plus 1 for garnish
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp pure vanillas extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 ¾ cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour / cassava flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon or nutmeg
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, sliced almonds or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a traditional loaf pan with parchment paper. Do not grease.
- In a large bowl, mash 4 bananas. Whisk in your wet ingredients, including eggs, vanilla extract and coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix your dry ingredients, including blanched almond flour, tapioca or cassava flour, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt and optional add ins. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients till fully incorporated. Poor into loaf pan. Slice remaining banana in half and place seeds side up in the pan.
- Tent the bread with foil and bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour. Remove foil after 30 minutes to let the bread lightly brown. The loaf is done baking when you insert a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean. Let cool completely before removing from the loaf pan.
- To avoid over browning, cover the loaf with aluminum foil for the first 30 minutes of cooking.
- Do not oil or butter the parchment paper or loaf pan. The coconut oil in the recipe plus the use of parchment paper will prevent any sticking to the loaf pan.
Keywords: gluten-free banana bread, keto banana bread, paleo banana bread, cassava flour banana bread, almond flour banana bread, vegan banana bread, sugar free banana bread, healthy banana bread