This fresh, spring salad with fennel and herbs will become your go-to lunch or easy week night dinner.
Though its flavors are fresh and light for spring, my clients and I enjoy it year round.
FOR THE SALAD
- 4 cups mixed greens, chopped
- 1 ½ cups red cabbage, sliced thin and chopped
- 2 cups fennel (1 bulb), mandolined
- ½ cup fresh dill, chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint, chopped
- ¼ avocado, cubed
- 2 chicken breasts, shredded
FOR THE PRESERVED LEMON VINAIGRETTE
- ½ cup preserved lemons, salt removed
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups olive oil
- Rough chop your mixed greens and cabbage. Add to mixing bowl.
- Mandolin fennel bulb on the thinnest setting (I use 1.5 or mini). Slice and quarter the thin shreds. Add to bowl.
- Chop fresh dill and mint. Toss all vegetables, herbs and shredded chicken together.
- To make dressing add the preserved lemons and lemon juice into a blender, making sure to remove as much salt from the preserved lemons as possible. Turn on a medium setting and let ingredients combine. Turn setting to low and slowly poor in the olive oil. Blend till all ingredients are emulsified.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of dressing to the salad bowl. Toss well. Serve in two bowls with avocado as garnish. Enjoy.
The preserved lemon vinaigrette will stay good in your fridge for up to 3 weeks.
Keywords: fennel salad, lemon salad, lemony fennel salad, spring salad, meal prep salad, shredded fennel salad, mixed green salad, healthy spring salad, preserved lemon vinaigrette, preserved lemon dressing