How to cook fresh beets the non-toxic healthy way using no aluminum foil. This is the best way to cook beets for easy peeling and clean-up.
- 4–5 Fresh whole beets
- Oven safe pot with lid (such as clay or enamel pot, dutch oven, Le Creuset or Staub)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove fresh greens from beet root and set aside. Wash beet root and wipe clean to remove any dirt. Trim ends.
- Add beet roots to a large, oven safe pot. Cover beet roots with water, about an inch above the beets. Cover pot with lid. Bake for 1 hour. Adjust time according to the size of the beets.
- Remove from oven, drain water, and let cool for 15-20 minutes. Using a paper towel, simply rub skin off of the beets. Or, use a peeler.
- Slice beets and enjoy. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- For large beets, cook for 1 1/2 hours
- For small beets, cook for 45 minutes.
- Cooking time is the same for red, orange or yellow beets.
- You can cook more then 4-5 beets at once. It all depends on how many can fit in your pot. I prefer using a medium sized Le Creuset Dutch Oven.
Keywords: how to cook beets, how to cook beet root, beetroot how to cook, beets cooking, beets cook, best ways to cook beets, best way to cook beets, how to cook fresh golden beets, how to cook beets healthy