These muffins are clean and delicious. Grain-free, Gluten-free, Nut-free, Lectin-free, Paleo, Refined Sugar-Free and so forth. So go ahead and indulge!
- ¾ cup organic raw sugar (or equal parts coconut sugar/maple sugar)
- ½ cup organic butter or ghee, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon & 1 ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 ½ cups Otto’s Natural Cassava Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds (or 1 box from Spicely)
- 2 egg whites, beaten to stiff peaks
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 12-piece muffin pan with liners.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut cream and lemon juice. Stir and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter, until sugar is fully incorporated and consistency is fluffy. Add in the egg yolk and mix thoroughly. Then stir in the lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, combine cassava flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add coconut milk mixture and flour to the large bowl of sugar and butter. When mixed, stir in poppy seeds.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks. Fold into mixture. Fill 12 muffin cups with mixture evenly. Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Immediately garnish each muffin with ½ teaspoon of hemp seeds. Let cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy.
Whisk the egg whites in a metal bowl. That way the egg whites will stay cold, and you’ll get them to the stiff consistency faster.
Keywords: lemon poppyseed muffins, grain free muffins, gluten free muffins, cassava flour muffins, gluten free lemon poppy seed muffins, grain free lemon poppyseed muffins